YT Downloader for XP ?

I tested Jdownloader installer again this week. Installed it on a Windows 11 laptop. They changed the installer. Now when you run the installer it asks if you want to install optional software(spyware). If you say no, it works fine. My system is not infected with anything. It's compatible with almost all video hosting sites that exist today. It requires java. And also It requires ffdshow to download from youtube. Which is a self contained codec that doesn't affect the system at all. The features it has include:
1- Able to download full Youtube playlists
2- Able to download subtitles from Youtube videos
3- Able to convert videos to audio only if you want
4- Compatible with almost all video and file hosting sites in existence. Although not all features are available on all websites
5- Crosscompatible. It works great on Linux if you later want to switch :p
6- If you do have a subscription to a hosting service like for example Mega you can input your account details there and enjoy downloading at the best speed.
7- You can add many links at once and set it to shutdown the computer when done. Best feature :)

I'm only mentioning this so that all XP users can know what alternatives there are for XP. Considering there aren't many people talking about XP anyway..

Last edited:
I tested Jdownloader installer again this week. Installed it on a Windows 11 laptop. They changed the installer. Now when you run the installer it asks if you want to install optional software(spyware). If you say no, it works fine. My system is not infected with anything. It's compatible with almost all video hosting sites that exist today. It requires java. And also It requires ffdshow to download from youtube. Which is a self contained codec that doesn't affect the system at all. The features it has include:
1- Able to download full Youtube playlists
2- Able to download subtitles from Youtube videos
3- Able to convert videos to audio only if you want
4- Compatible with almost all video and file hosting sites in existence. Although not all features are available on all websites
5- Crosscompatible. It works great on Linux if you later want to switch :p
6- If you do have a subscription to a hosting service like for example Mega you can input your account details there and enjoy downloading at the best speed.
7- You can add many links at once and set it to shutdown the computer when done. Best feature :)

I'm only mentioning this so that all XP users can know what alternatives there are for XP. Considering there aren't many people talking about XP anyway..

Gots links? And this works on XP, right?

Gots links? And this works on XP, right?
The reason it still works on XP is because it runs on Java. It will run on anything that has Java. I have it installed on XP for years actually. Since about 2017. It updates often. You don't have to use the newest Java either.
Download here:

There are some specific instructions for downloading from Youtube in XP because the Ffdshow codec was updated and it doesn't run on XP. If you follow the instructions in this forum to get an older version of the codec running. It's here:

I did it years ago and it still work.

I would likely use the Jdownloader, if it worked.

error_Image1.pngerror_Image2.png

I would likely use the Jdownloader, if it worked.

View attachment 1460View attachment 1461
Weird. Cause I do have it installed on my XP 64 system and it works. But I installed it since 2017. Did the installer gave you that error or was it after install? Maybe you can try if a portable version works for you.

Back