Mypal browser

I will post this again because i just noticed my reply was in the wrong thread.....You have to unzip the file now. I use 7zip. make a folder on your desktop or some were you can find it unzip it to that folder now open that folder you may have to click it a few times to see the files then look for the little racoon face click that and my pal will open. . if you want then make a shortcut for your dektop so it shows there. Dont delete the folder you made or it wont work any more.....
Hi j896...
Am trying to get MyPal 68.14.2 Win32 to run, but see "The application failed to initialise properly (0x000001d)" error when I click on mypal.exe.
I have deleted, downloaded a fresh copy, but see no change in behaviour.
Any ideas, please...

I have a gorgeous Sony PCG XE-17 VAIO Laptop (circa 2000) that I am preserving for myself, and later for a collector of antique stuff.
Windows XP Pro is perfect, as it is memory contained to 256MB, consequently I have been unable to upgrade. Performance has been great for 25 years now, new hard drive swapped in a few years ago, SP3 and all Security updates installed as released, up until Microsoft pulled the plug.

Thanks, Robert.

Hi j896...
Am trying to get MyPal 68.14.2 Win32 to run, but see "The application failed to initialise properly (0x000001d)" error when I click on mypal.exe.
Any ideas, please...

I have a gorgeous Sony PCG XE-17 VAIO Laptop (circa 2000) that I am preserving for myself, and later for a collector of antique stuff.
Windows XP Pro is perfect, as it is memory contained to 256MB, consequently I have been unable to upgrade. Performance has been great for 25 years now, new hard drive swapped in a few years ago, SP3 and all Security updates installed as released, up until Microsoft pulled the plug.

Thanks, Robert.
I think the Mypal 68 guy removed the version you mention for having too many issues.
The latest version on his site is 68.14.1b

Hi j896...
Any ideas, please...

Thanks, Robert.
256 MB won't be enough for MyPal 68. I have a Compaq V2000 with 512 MB and it barely runs - all sites take forever to load and forget video sites. You'll have to stick with older versions of MyPal (29) or K-Meleon.

Thanks j896,
Late yesterday, I tried 68.14.1 but it exhibited the same issue...
I will try 29.3.0 this morning...
Robert.

Hi j896,
Unfortunately mypal-29.3.0.win32.installer.exe also failed to install,
Error: "Sorry, Mypal can't be installed. This version of Mypal requires a processor with SSE2 support"
Its OK, getting a modern Browser installed on this Antique Sony PCG XE-17 Notebook was a nice this to try, but not essential.
Throughout this effort with Mypal, I have adopted to Sneaker Net, and scanning the USB Drive each time with NOD32 Antivirus.
As many have said, it is not smart to go online without up to date protection.
Thank you for your help and guidance. Will have to do with Safari for Windows (my preference) and Internet Explorer, with all the inherent limitations (no https: access, etc)...
Robert.

Back