Forum facelift

ClippyBeer

Looks like the forum software received an upgrade, nice work @AlexReflector . We appear to have lost a few recent posts in the process but so far everything else is present. What does everyone else think of the new look?

I noticed. Did they let you know before hand? It would have been a nice idea of the owners to let the Moderator know in Advance, so that they could inform all members.

Especially since they have taken a snap shot of the site from a few days ago, transferred that to the new HTML template and put that up. However, the new owners may have previously worked in HR, which would explain the complete lack of communication.

You post is showing up as Yesterday (But 9pm), so I guess the new owners are in Asia and ahead of GMT???

Regarding the new look? Well, It’s a web site like the previous one. Can’t see any immediate problems. But people will let you know. Note I am viewing from a Windows 10 machine using 64bit firefox.

reply 2: except all the little button icons , I cannot read them, I can hover over the icon and it will tell what it is in english, but only if I hover over it will I know what button is what. :(

Checked site.

Can be viewed, Win XP… MyPal, Firefox and Chrome 360.

Win 10, Win 7 and Win 11 Firefox.

I am logged on twice at the same time, in XP and Win 10. That might be useful, you couldn’t do that on previous template.

Not sure which “button Icons” Elizabeth is mentioning. So far, I can’t manage to get anything to break and find everything working as it should. Using both 10 and XP.

I noticed. Did they let you know before hand? It would have been a nice idea of the owners to let the Moderator know in Advance, so that they could inform all members.

Especially since they have taken a snap shot of the site from a few days ago, transferred that to the new HTML template and put that up. However, the new owners may have previously worked in HR, which would explain the complete lack of communication.

You post is showing up as Yesterday (But 9pm), so I guess the new owners are in Asia and ahead of GMT???

Regarding the new look? Well, It’s a web site like the previous one. Can’t see any immediate problems. But people will let you know. Note I am viewing from a Windows 10 machine using 64bit firefox.
I wasn't notified so it was as much a surprise to me as everyone else. I tried to access the site yesterday morning (I'm at GMT -5) and got all kinds of SQL errors. I tried again a few hours later and that's when I noticed the new site.

Elizabeth23 said:
It is okay, not sure what was wrong with the old one, :)
My guess would be that he wanted to update the software to use the same version as the other forums he runs.

AM7 said:
I think it looked much better before.
Now it looks worse,imo.

Can you change it back?
Only the administrator can change it back and I'm not sure he'd want to.

I wasn't notified so it was as much a surprise to me as everyone else. I tried to access the site yesterday morning (I'm at GMT -5) and got all kinds of SQL errors. I tried again a few hours later and that's when I noticed the new site.

So that puts you on the East Coast …New York? You are definitely getting better weather than us at the moment.

Awful. Just Awful.
Please return to previous version.
Lost many posts.
Awful.
Change is not always progress comrade...:mad::mad::mad:
Unfortunately, ClippyBeer can’t change anything. As he has said it was done without informing him. All the posts for the last few days are lost because of the way they transferred the site to the new HTML template. Such is life. Mr Siamese Cat actually offered to pay for the upkeep of the site a few weeks ago, but didn’t get any feedback from the owners.

No malice, or ill intentions. I think, as ClippyBeer said it was just to make the site fit with the others that are run by the same people or person. And yes. I was certainly disappointed as I did a lot of research for AMD drivers and cards for one thread all now gone. C’est la vie.

Unfortunately, ClippyBeer can’t change anything. As he has said it was done without informing him. All the posts for the last few days are lost because of the way they transferred the site to the new HTML template. Such is life. Mr Siamese Cat actually offered to pay for the upkeep of the site a few weeks ago, but didn’t get any feedback from the owners.

No malice, or ill intentions. I think, as ClippyBeer said it was just to make the site fit with the others that are run by the same people or person. And yes. I was certainly disappointed as I did a lot of research for AMD drivers and cards for one thread all now gone. C’est la vie.

This?

6:21 AM 6/11/2024
Madeleine Takam

Fastest Graphics Card for XP with Drivers.... Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 TI

AMD?

I never use AMD cards; I don’t know anyone that would bother using them.

In my view - Their drivers are poor, their support is very poor. Knowledge base is poor. “Catalyst Software Suite” Was clearly written in Modula II, Pascal or an early version of C+ by Satan’s hamster after ingesting large quantities of LSD.

However as anyone that uses AMD cards won’t be able to follow the easy-to-follow YouTube link I left above and have a look at Retro Komodo’s excellent video’s where he explains in depth all about XP graphics cards and also which is the best AMD card for XP. And most importantly how to adapt drivers for other cards not supported by XP to be supported by XP.

So, I will therefore help out AMD lovers.

AMD Radeon HD7970

Drivers for Windows XP are at this link below. You need to click on it, then scroll down to where it says Windows XP – 64bit Edition or Windows XP – Professional Home.

There are other even faster larger memory AMD cards that you can use, but that would require standard XP driver adaption like on the Nvidia GeForce GTX1070. The standard programing rules apply. If you have to ask, don’t even attempt.

On the day the forum went down, I had that opened in a tab. Saved it off, just in case.

Actually Clippy never entered my mind. If he had done the transition it would be done competently. No, clearly the impetuous finger print of youth. If a clear head can... please change back.
Bet most of the active members feel same.
The other/old forum software is better...

one example is where it asks if you want to stay logged in, cannot tell what it says. below is an image and you can see all the boxes on top are filled with little letters and numbers.

Attachments

• Icons.JPG
    Icons.JPG
    11.8 KB · Views: 16

The new look doesn't bother me as much as the lost content. Again, I suggest everyone install the Save Page web extension for MyPal68:

It saves the current page including images to a single HTML file for off-line viewing. Here is one I saved on July 2021:

Those of you who miss the old theme will want to download this.

It doesn't work with every website but does work with most forums. I have lots of saved content from forums long gone. Anytime I come across any content I think will be useful for future reference I save it.

Last edited:
Th
I suggest everyone install the Save Page web extension for MyPal68:

It saves the current page including images to a single HTML file for off-line viewing. Here is one I saved on July 2021:

Those of you who miss the old theme will want to download this.

It doesn't work with every website but does work with most forums. I have lots of saved content from forums long gone. Anytime I come across any content I think will be useful for future reference I save it.

Thanks ClippyBeer

Back