A Number of Portable Browsers

I have been using MyPal until now, and I downloaded and installed Supermium 124.0.6367.245 web browser today. It runs beautifully, and every website just works. Everything is fast and loads quickly and flawlessly. I can log into my bank account and see my balances, which failed on MyPal. I can use Facebook Messenger, which also did not work under MyPal. I was unable to use GitHub with MyPal. I could not use ebay with MyPal. Now everything works. It's like my computer got an upgrade. I use 32-bit Windows XP Pro SP2 now with 3GB RAM, 2.4GHz dual core processor.

I have never heard of Supermium. Maybe I might try it later, but what zsolt500 wrote about MyPal is NOT TRUE unless zsolt500 meant old Mypal 29.x, based on Pale Moon, which is more than two years old now and has been since abandoned in favor of Mypal68. I doubt if there is anyone who uses old Mypal now. Mypal68 is based on Quantum Firefox and is super fast.

I believe currently much of its code is largely based on Firefox 8x.x or 9x.x. Feodor2, the developer, might update it to be comparable to Firefox 100 or later as I showed Firefox 102 runs very fast even on Windows XP computers when Windows 7 or 10 is installed on them instead.

In any way I have no trouble accessing my ebay account or my bank account using Mypal68. I have been able to access all the websites with the latest Mypal 68.14.4b. I am not saying it is a perfect browser, but at least it is not anything like zsolt500 wrote about it.

zsolt500 should really take it back.

All the same, a new XP-compatible browser is always welcome. If it turns out to be as good as zsolt500 says, I might even distribute it at one of my Japanese-language websites just like I do distribute Mypal 68 and Serpent.

Sadly, though, Supermium lacks basic documentation. We want to know what the developer intends to do with it and what we need to run it. What I know about it is only its name. I hope it is not a virus or something that sends the user's personal information to Google. Really. That matters a lot.

I tried Supermium Version 124.0.6367.245 R2 on Windows XP SP3. It started with an error message saying something is not available on my Windows XP system. It could access websites even then, but I cannot recommend it to anyone with this kind of bug in it. It is out of question.

Supremium, like all other XP browsers including MyPal68 is a work in progress.

There is also Thorium.

And ArcticFoxie's 360Chrome builds based on Chromium 86.

MyPal68 wouldn't play any of the videos on ESPN properly, they worked perfectly in Thorium.

Back