Xp installed problem

Hi guys. I am a huge fan of windows xp. I have installed windows xp 32 bit pro on my pc and it worked fine. Before that my laptop was win 7 64b. Today i just find windows xp 64 bit and i tried to install it with usb flash drive, it started and the pc started. And i am facing a big problem. Any of programs and files cant be open. I cant install nothing. I tried from another pc i downloaded some apps and drivers moved to usb but simply it says windows cannot access the specified device path or file. You may not havr the appropriate permisions to acesss the item...please help to make this computer usable... Thanks please reply fast sorry for bad english greetings from Macedonia

some pc's will not install from a flash drive, but since it is a laptop it should install, depending on where you got the 64bit download it sounds like it was corrupted, try reinstalling again and see if the same issue occurs, or you can first run checkdisk with the /r parameter from the recovery console

chkdsk c: /r (notice space between k and c and between : and /

if you used an install disk it should be on it, boot from the install disk and choose R, this opens the recovery console, you will need to choose 1 if you only have a single boot or whichever the number is of your xp partition.

then once it has shown the windows selection you will type in chkdsk c: /r

OR

you can go to start/all programs/accessories/cmd prompt then you would type in the chkdsk c: /r and you will get a msg stating the pc will run checkdisk when restarted, type y for yes press enter and then restart the pc.

you should run chkdsk twice or until no errors are found and there are 0 kb in bad sectors, you can view the report by looking in event viewer

start/all programs/administrative tool/event viewer
or
start/control panel/administrative tools/event viewer

Back