Windows doesn't read a CD or DVD disk

Hello
Generally, I have a problem that Windows does not read discs with some files that I burned myself (it works on another computer), but those that were recorded "at the factory" work without any problems. Do you have any ideas? I would also like to point out that it used to work without any problems, but I recently reinstalled the system. Previously, the system was original and now I installed an image from the Internet. Do you think it's because of this?

if some disks are being read and others are not,it is probably inherent to the self made disks, is device manager showing that you need drivers for your dvd/cd players?
But, most likely it is the image from the internet that might not be a complete xp setup.

I had this problem with DVDs mostly. In the beginning there were to types of writeables - DVD+R and DVD-R. You had to find a DVD burner that supported both. Another factor is the burn speed. Always burn at the slowest speed for maximum compatibility. I'm thankful I no longer have to rely on optical media.

As mentioned before always burn at the slowest speed. I don't know what software you're using for burning but make sure that if it is for data you use "Disc at Once" method and make sure to close the session. If it's a Data DVD I have much better luck with DVD-R. Another thing is that you should avoid Double Layers Discs. Most brands are crap these days.

Back