What is it like running windows xp in 2019

I really enjoy it. I have a computer from 2011 and I browse the web and can do 99% of things a windows 10 pc can do so I have no plans to ever bother upgrading. Mypal and 360 chrome are my web browsers,I use an older version of the spotify app for music and found some websites for cable and sports streaming so all is good in xp land!!

What happens if I continue to use Windows XP?
If you continue to use Windows XP now that support has ended, your computer will still work but it might become more vulnerable to security risks and viruses. Internet Explorer 8 is also no longer supported, so if your Windows XP PC is connected to the Internet and you use Internet Explorer 8 to surf the web, you might be exposing your PC to additional threats. Also, as more software and hardware manufacturers continue to optimize for more recent versions of Windows, you can expect to encounter more apps and devices that do not work with Windows XP.

Microsoft Said it When what Is it Like running windows XP in 2019.

Hi james121op,
Yes, as cartpusher54 says, all is great in XP land. I have an XP dual boot set up. I am having a lot of fun with them. Here is the thread if you are interested:

https://www.xpforums.com/threads/dual-booting-windows-xp-with-windows-xp.933991/

Mypal and 360 chrome are my web browsers
First time I heard of 360 chrome. Could you tell me whether it plays You tube videos in XP. What are the good web sites that you found for cable and sports steaming?

Hi james121op,
Yes, as cartpusher54 says, all is great in XP land. I have an XP dual boot set up. I am having a lot of fun with them. Here is the thread if you are interested:

https://www.xpforums.com/threads/dual-booting-windows-xp-with-windows-xp.933991/

First time I heard of 360 chrome. Could you tell me whether it plays You tube videos in XP. What are the good web sites that you found for cable and sports steaming?
Yes it plays youtube videos great and strikeout.nu has like all the sports you will ever want. I use adguard ad blocker to block most ads on the site. 360 chrome is based on chrome 69 so most things work great but you have to translate it to english which is simple enough . its a chinese browser. I use http://ustvgo.tv for cable streaming.

360 chrome is based on chrome 69 so most things work great but you have to translate it to english which is simple enough . its a chinese browser.

https://webbrowser.fandom.com/wiki/360_Chrome

This website says the browser is only available in English!
Does this support any add-ons?

Thank you for the sports and cable links. ustvgo wants me to register with my email. I am wary about this. Did you register for each channel you want to watch?

Last edited:
what is it like running windows xp in 2019?
Hi James. If you are still curious about this I feel the best thing for you is, to surf through the threads in this forum. Then you'll get some idea of what it is like to use XP in 2019. There are a few million people still using XP. When you check out the threads here you will see that we have no problems in using XP in 2019 and most of us really enjoy doing it. If you have any specific questions, I am sure you'll find many users here who will answer those to your satisfaction.

Biggest issue for me is, when others, (many, many, other forums!) find out I'm still running XP, they start in with the 'its not supported, outdated, etc, etc, ad nauseam. Not here so much, thankfully.
Ad nauseam it certainly is. 'Dangerous', 'vulnerable' and 'scary' are also used to try to frighten us and make us do as they do. In some forums I have seen them get really vociferous and even hostile. It just maddens these scare mongers to see someone else do something, that they have been shouting from the roof tops against, for the last six years. Also, there are clueless idiots just repeating what they hear, without the faintest idea of what they are talking about.

Then there is also misinformation and distortion of facts. Somewhere in this forum itself I saw an attempt to frighten users with the statement that we are going to loose all our 'precious data' if we continue using XP. As if backup software is non-existent! As if one has to be a rocket scientist to keep back up copies of your files and folders :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I use 'File Backup' function of backup software. Also copies of important files are kept in a separate partition - away from the system partition. Is this not sufficient protection?

Best way to back up your data: Install the dd tool and run dd. Exact bit-for-bit copy!

I never used hdds larger than 160g (till they 'WD' stopped making them), run outta disk space quicker than 500g-1T drives, Have to backup that data. I was/am very specific as to where various data is stored on computer. Stuff i want, copy/paste to permanat storage, check 'properties' of both & delete orig. I have so much, (what comes after terabytes!), theres stuff I have I cant even find!!

Back