Video Editing Software

I thought posting here might be a good idea.

I dabble in security cameras, and from those cameras I end up ocassionally pulling family videos for the family to watch. But lately, I've been wanting to take some of the family videos and do a little something more creative with them. Nothing fancy, but video within video or simple transitions between one video and the next. Special effects would be super simple (at least in my thinking).

Taking audio from one camera, imposing it over video of another that doesn't record audio would be one operation. Switching to different video views if the kids are playing in the backyard, side yard, or whatever.

Right now, I basically use WinFF to edit or splice video together, or even use it to pull clips from other videos. Nice little program, but strictly basic things I can do with it.

I'm not looking to do anything monumental.

Are there any video editing programs, available for use with Windows XP, that aren't bogged down with bloatware, spyware, adware et al? A simply interface with some multi-track options for mixing/matching video, preferably something that's compatible with FFMpeg/h264/mp4?

I have virtual dub, but that's quite basic also, and natively only seems to handle AVI files.

We're all XP enthusiasts here, so let's maintain XP compatible options.

I thought posting here might be a good idea.

I dabble in security cameras, and from those cameras I end up ocassionally pulling family videos for the family to watch. But lately, I've been wanting to take some of the family videos and do a little something more creative with them. Nothing fancy, but video within video or simple transitions between one video and the next. Special effects would be super simple (at least in my thinking).

Taking audio from one camera, imposing it over video of another that doesn't record audio would be one operation. Switching to different video views if the kids are playing in the backyard, side yard, or whatever.

Right now, I basically use WinFF to edit or splice video together, or even use it to pull clips from other videos. Nice little program, but strictly basic things I can do with it.

I'm not looking to do anything monumental.

Are there any video editing programs, available for use with Windows XP, that aren't bogged down with bloatware, spyware, adware et al? A simply interface with some multi-track options for mixing/matching video, preferably something that's compatible with FFMpeg/h264/mp4?

I have virtual dub, but that's quite basic also, and natively only seems to handle AVI files.

We're all XP enthusiasts here, so let's maintain XP compatible options.
PowerDirector 12. It has great documentation works well on XP. Supports all files. Is very well supported on YouTube, lots of videos showing how to use it. So, you can check them out before downloading. There is also a great Tutorial Book Cyberlink PowerDirector v12.

I now use OBS Studio and Vidcoder 8-12 both free, but I am now always on Windows 10.

PowerDirector 12. It has great documentation works well on XP. Supports all files. Is very well supported on YouTube, lots of videos showing how to use it. So, you can check them out before downloading. There is also a great Tutorial Book Cyberlink PowerDirector v12.

I now use OBS Studio and Vidcoder 8-12 both free, but I am now always on Windows 10.

Thanks!

I have a Tiny PC with Windows 11 on it: Ace Magician T8 Plus, if you want to see specs. But, I'd rather try to get something on my "main" PC. I will check out PowerDirector 12.

Is it a pay software, or is it generally free and/or open source: do you know?

Thanks!

I have a Tiny PC with Windows 11 on it: Ace Magician T8 Plus, if you want to see specs. But, I'd rather try to get something on my "main" PC. I will check out PowerDirector 12.

Is it a pay software, or is it generally free and/or open source: do you know?
No idea if you can get it for free. I downloaded a cracked copy about 10 years ago. Along with all documentation then. I have a back up like all my software. It’s about 2GB. If it was me, I would start with typing “Cyberlink PowerDirector 12 download”.

If you can’t manage that, which I prefer you did try. I will have a look at putting it along with docs on my OneDrive, (I might have to use a file splitter, so it will be time consuming) but I am out and logging into my server from phone at the moment.

So, I've been looking for the offline version to download, and I cannot seem to find one for Windows. I'm trying to use the downloader.

I don't mind if I have to pay. If I have to pay, I'm paying once and done: no subscription garbage, which is akin to taxes.

The downloader doesn't seem to want to do anything (on my XP machine). On the Windows 11, I get a nice little splash screen to begin the install.

It appears what's available may not be XP friendly.

So, I've been looking for the offline version to download, and I cannot seem to find one for Windows. I'm trying to use the downloader.

I don't mind if I have to pay. If I have to pay, I'm paying once and done: no subscription garbage, which is akin to taxes.

The downloader doesn't seem to want to do anything (on my XP machine). On the Windows 11, I get a nice little splash screen to begin the install.

It appears what's available may not be XP friendly.
Cyberlink PowerDirector 12 is designed for XP. IT is Offline it is non-subscription.

It will take me considerable effort to stick on OneDrive. It will be a long winded, waste of my time, if you can’t use OneDrive. Can’t work out how to crack software and use file splitter. I suggest you spend a couple of hours searching. Then let me know.

Turns out the Power Director that I can only get access to, for download, is version 22. This would explain the issue I'm having on my XP computer with their downloader.

If I provide FTP login credentials, would you be ok with just sending them to me directly?

I don't want to waste any of your time or cause an unnecessary use of it.

Turns out the Power Director that I can only get access to, for download, is version 22. This would explain the issue I'm having on my XP computer with their downloader.

If I provide FTP login credentials, would you be ok with just sending them to me directly?

I don't want to waste any of your time or cause an unnecessary use of it.
I am zipping, I will stick on One Drive if I can ..Private message. Putting on One Drive - will take about 2 hours.... correction 6 hours. It is my upload speed that is the problem regardless of where I put it. I will be home in 15 mins. so I will have a look on the web when home. I better get a like for this and a gold star. In the meantime try this: It's PowerDirector 12 much quicker for you to download from here:

Last edited:
Downloading the part1 and part2 file from there that I'm seeing.
Cool…………..I am also uploading the 2GB file with 2 versions crack instructions with files plus the books in pdf form. Should be on OneDrive by 2am GMT 4 hours from now. Have to go out for dinner with my Husband and Jen (Mr Siamese Cat) and his new girlfriend. I will send links after I get back from dinner.

I've managed to clip a few videos together. Kind of a rough bit of work. Seems like the video editor may be part of that, but I'll have to dig deeper to see if something I've done n is wrong.

Thank you Madeleine!!

Back