User Documents folder disappeared after changing registry

So this is a technical problem I faced 3 years ago in June 2021 while using my Dell Dimension E510 Home Multimedia PC from 2006, originally a Family Computer with the Windows XP MCE '05 user accounts being "Mom", and "Michael" (Me) as of 2008 after a factory reset.
Needless to say my Dad had a user account before the reset, but switched to MacBook afterward and stuck with it since then, which is why his account is not mentioned since It's currently non-existent.

It was a bright shiny afternoon in early June 2021. After changing my user account name from "Michael" to "Mike", I then tried changing the name of my file folder "Michael's Documents" to "Mike's Documents" under the "Files stored on This Computer" section within "My Computer". I attempted this by opening the registry editor and of course, committing the previously mentioned action.

I was then met with an error message saying "Registry not found" (If my memory serves correctly) after I pressed enter. I went to "My Computer" again to check if the name was changed, only to find out my shortcut file folder, "Michael's Documents", under the "Files stored on This Computer" section was missing. Luckily, the documents saved within weren't erased. However, the section only showed "Mom's Documents". I tried to fix the problem, but eventually gave up as I had come up with not even the slightest idea of how to get the "Michael's Documents" folder back inside the "Files stored on This Computer" section, especially as "Mike's Documents".

Keep in mind this was a folder that Windows doesn't allow the user to modify or delete, as it is very important. 14-year-old me at the time (then 15, 3 months later) foolishly took this with a grain of salt.

For the past 3 years since then, I've continually searched up solutions or instructions online but found nothing useful. If anyone has a solution on how to get a mistakenly deleted user account file folder shortcut back inside of "Files stored on This Computer", that would be perfect. Hopefully I can bring it back via the registry editor or anything else that doesn't require creating a new user account for it. Thanks and have a nice evening.

did you attempt a system restore, from safe mode works best??
do you have a name for one of the files??
if so, do a search with all hidden folders being searched also for this file name, if it is on the computer somewhere it will be found, if a search does not find it then it is gone, but you could restore the folder from a backup if you backed up all your data.

Back