Nuking Windows Error Reporting?

have you disabled windows error reporting Service?

No idea. I followed the method given on some site:

start
run
type in 'services.msc'
right click on 'error reporting'
properties
error reporting service properties popup...under that:
start up type: disabled
service status: stopped
under that all options are greyed out
Result is no effect. Every time Mypal crashes while in Bing photos (numerous), I get the 'report problem to M$' popup, and have to click no.....again and again.

Can you take a screen shot of the error box so it can be determined if its a browser error or a shell error and at what level. The "report problem" and "error reporting" are two different things, the may be related in your case but probably not.

Can you take a screen shot of the error box so it can be determined if its a browser error or a shell error and at what level. The "report problem" and "error reporting" are two different things, the may be related in your case but probably not.

No idea how to do that. It looks exactly like this:
http://www.frickelsoft.net/blog/?p=55
...except it says firefox instead of IE.

addenda: I was wrong. The blue border at the top of this error popup says: Mypal.exe
Below is 'Mypal has encountered a problem and needs to close'...followed by something about having prepared an error report for microsoft...then the usual 'send' & 'don't send' buttons.

Last edited:
Tools>Internet Options>Security tab, click "reset all zones to default
Advanced tab of Internet Opitons, uncheck "Display notification about every script error

Tools>Internet Options>Security tab, click "reset all zones to default
Advanced tab of Internet Opitons, uncheck "Display notification about every script error

Under Tools in Mypal 28.15.0 there is no Internet Options listed. It just happened again (11th time now in acouple hours), and this time there was another popup on top of it, called DrWatson Postmortem Debugger:

https://www.dell.com/community/Virus-Spyware/Dr-Watson-Postmortem-Debugger/td-p/1100793

So the current version of Mypal is crap, this older version is no better, the onboard popup blocker in Centaury renders it pretty useless (not to mention the distorted sound in half the videos it runs), and Firefox is so crummy I now use it only for storing bookmarks. I think I can foresee where this is headed.

Mypal is not the problem and doesn't suck. I can run it forever and it never crashes. I can go through a full version upgrade without it ever crashing. Users often get a crash in browser but it doesn't mean the browser is responsible, when you are using a browser everything is at play, memoy, cpu, video, a pull on 12v if you want to get technical, so people often complain that IE or Firefox or whatever crashes, when in fact it doesn't it's just because these things it the background go from being idle to 100% . I can't imagine solving it with such limited info. Just keep doing thigns until something changes or you have more to go on . Try mypal portable in C:\ test and see if you get the same results. Delete Dr Watson.

So as mentioned previously, I pulled the fangs and claws of Centaury's adblocker, then enabled uBlock Origin, so other than the slo-mo sound problem in many videos, it is now a viable browser....and crashing was never a problem in it. Also mentioned previously, any browser that needs more resources than a Intel Core2 Quad Q9550, 8GB of RAM, and Zotac Geforce GT 710 can provide, is a poor example of a browser. Ditto for any browser than cannot handle download of Bing Images to a flashdrive, without crashing 11 times in about two hours.

"Mypal is not the problem and doesn't suck." I would amend that to 'Mypal is the problem, once upon a time it did not suck, and it may still not suck for you, but I find it sucks harder than a Hoover. I'll admit the current version was way worse than mine (Mypal 28.15.0), but downgrading has not helped much...certainly not enough. I must now depend on Centaury for everything except video, and suffer Mypal for video. While Mypal crashes and freezeups are not quite so frequent watching video, as with downloading Bing or Yahoo images, they still occur, and a browser good for only one use is nearly useless.

On a brighter note, I did find a way to disable the M$ error reporting crapola, so to eradicate this popup you cannot do it the way most sites advocate; you have to attack the error reporting service popup via 'properties':
https://www.homeandlearn.co.uk/BC/bcs4p13.html
http://techgenix.com/disable-error-reporting-windows-xp-server-2003/

Back