Michael Soft killing third-party mail

microdick_mail_notification.png

With how much we hear "peace" and "safety" and/or "security" these days, it really very much brings alive 1 Thessalonians 5:1-11, particularly verse 3.

What can the XP crowd do? I just got Thunderbird 52 working last month.

So it looks like any third party email that uses username/password to access Outlook.com won't work unless it gets updated to work with Mickeysoft's 'Modern Authentication' feature. I don't use Outlook.com so I'm not affected but hopefully Roytam will update his email clients so Outlook keeps working.

All major corporate entities will move in lockstep. It's all about peace/safety/security.
I use Thunderbird version 115.8.0 (64-bit) on Windows 10.
At present I do not need to use secondary authentication.
I just dump the SBD files onto my Windows XP version of thunderbird.
I can however still just use Thunderbird from XP (At present)
Outlook is monolithic and uses one bloody massive PST file.

I was on the phone this afternoon with Madeleine Takam. She shifted over from using Outlook to Thunderbird on Windows 10 last year, because she is retired. Her husband uses Outlook, but was on about logging in and out from word???? He uses the subscription model. (He didn’t get the email we did)

My ex who also uses Outlook subscription on windows 11 and says she has to do 2 step authentication about twice per week, but does this with a second email???? She did not receive the email.

It seems if you use outlook it grabs a lot of your system….maybe???

I have had a quick look at outlook (Product Activated ..Microsoft Office LTSC Professional Plus 2021) from my system, which is the same one Madeleine uses. And a very very locked down Windows 10.

I can’t seem to get it to work properly not sure if it is sending and receiving. It seems to report sent items. Many problems. However, my “hosts” file is vast and my system is very locked down.

Note: After sending from Outlook it took considerable time before I got message in Thunderbird, actually minutes. I am presuming while Microsoft AI read the email????

I would like to stick with Thunderbird. My Thunderbird is all the Up-to-date security and authentication wise.

Check out the following links.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-account-c7910146-672f-01e9-50a0-93b4585e7eb4

This following link needs to be read thoroughly

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/microsoft-oauth-authentication-and-thunderbird-202

I am fully in line with all the security settings, but I am obviously too dim to work out exactly what the 2 step Authentication will require after reading through link above.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb...ail-apps-c5d65390-9676-4763-b41f-d7986499a90d

Outlook looks a right pain. I actually had to log out from word myself – this is insane. Will reinstall ghost image and start again.

All in all could be a serious shit show. But maybe just my complete inadequacy with Outlook, a program I haven’t used in years.

So, you are not alone. In the end if we can get Thunderbird on Windows 10 to work, the SBD files can be dumped onto XP Thunderbird. After that Windows XP Thunderbird send and receive can be looked at. Remember not much support anymore. I will give it a few hours of my time, but I don’t normally pick up emails using it.

This is going to be an ongoing problem, but I should imagine there will be a lot of people on it for Windows 10 and 11 who use Thunderbird.

They give zero f****s about your security. They want your mobile number to sell to third parties. Follow the money.

It's like banks pestering to have your phone number for 2factor authentication in the name of "security". They want to force you to use their banking apps for the phone. Which is the same phone number they're making you give them. So the bank sends a security code when you want to login to the same cellphone where the app for the bank is installed. How is that for security ?? -_- In my opinion it's better to not use cellphones for banking at all.

It's like banks pestering to have your phone number for 2factor authentication in the name of "security". They want to force you to use their banking apps for the phone. Which is the same phone number they're making you give them. So the bank sends a security code when you want to login to the same cellphone where the app for the bank is installed. How is that for security ?? -_- In my opinion it's better to not use cellphones for banking at all.

Exactly. I don't log into any banking stuff through my phone.

Although I'm on Windows 8, this will still be pertinent to this thread. it appears that the account services from Outlook.com have been blocked by Microsoft from older mail clients that do not have Oauth2 authentication. Today, Epyrus will NOT receive mail from my Outlook account.

Back