I can’t remember system password for my Windows xp computer

I ran across a program that will 'decode' the password file so you can find out the password to log back in. i can't remember it atm though.

turn off computer, pull the cmos battery for 5 minutes, some pcs have a section on the motherboard with a jumper in the password section, pull the jumper , 5 minutes, replace it and the cmos battery, this resets your bios to factory settings so if you had any preferences set in the bios you will have to reset them.

Here is one way:

Windows XP Password Reset via Ctrl + Alt + Del​

The first and simple way to reset Windows XP password is to use the Ctrl + Alt + Del key combinations. If you set the Windows XP system to log in via the Welcome screen, then this method fits you. Unfortunately, this only works when there is no existing password for the Admin Windows XP account.

Step 1. Boot your computer to load the Welcome screen, and press Ctrl + Alt + Delete keys altogether twice to load the user Login screen.

Step 2. Click on OK to try logging in without a username or password. If it doesn’t work, try typing Administrator into the User name and Password fields, and click on OK.

Other ways here:

Last edited:
Back