how to make a windows xp theme?

Hello I would like to know how can I create a Windows XP theme like custom one with custom Wallpapers cursors icons and anything else is there something that allows to create a custom theme or you could do this from system?

(before you ask yes I lost the password to ginger 334 account)

On Xp you can use the old themes from Windows 98 that would include cursors and everything. But newer themes that are called visual styles from XP onward you have to put each thing individually. First you have to patch UXtheme so you can use custom visual styles. And you have to put cursors and sounds individually as well.

I believe Stardock used to have a theme maker for XP but I can't find any info on it. Here's a site that has pages of custom themes for XP:

You will need to patch UXTheme as @tekkaman suggests to use unsigned themes.

Stardock used to provide the best looking themes for XP. But it wasn't free. It would be nice if the devs could let XP users have it for free since they won't be loosing any money doing that since newer versions don't work on XP anyway

On Xp you can use the old themes from Windows 98 that would include cursors and everything. But newer themes that are called visual styles from XP onward you have to put each thing individually. First you have to patch UXtheme so you can use custom visual styles. And you have to put cursors and sounds individually as well.
But I would like to know if there's a software or program or anything else and allows me to make a custom Windows XP theme/visual style?

As far as I know. You just patch UXtheme dll and put the themes manually in the folder and they should appear. I'll make a post during weekend. Maybe I'll share themes I have. But I don't have access to my XP desktop during the week.

But I would like to know if there's a software or program or anything else and allows me to make a custom Windows XP theme/visual style?
There was a shareware program called StyleXP.

image.png

Unfortunately the company is no longer around so there is no way of registering it to remove the limitations. It also requires specific builds of XP - here is the error message I got when I tried running it on my XP with RyanVM unofficial SP4.

StyleXP.png

Here is where I downloaded it from if you want to try it yourself:

Remember, it's shareware so there will be limitations because it's unregistered.

Back