Did Windows XP Integral Edition work with UEFI?

What with having a mate who's re-installing a completely offline build of Win XP just for gaming, I'm kinda thinking about doing a re-install myself, more for nostalgia's sake than owt else.

I've got a 64GB KingSpec IDE/PATA SSD, which I hook up to my HP desktop rig via a PATA-to-SATA adapter, then a SATA-to-USB3 cable. I rescued it out of my anciente 2002 Dell Inspiron lappie a couple of years ago, and converted an old Compaq floppy disk storage case to house it as an external drive. I'd like to install it on this.....and with being PATA/IDE anyway, it might be more appropriate for such a project.

Currently, it's home to ChromeOS-Reflex, but I got looking at this the other day:-

Anybody know anything about it? I considered it because I'm here running hardware that simply didn't exist back when XP was still current. The thing that DOES concern me, of course, is whether I could even find chipset drivers for XP for a 2019 box. I rather doubt it, somehow; we're looking at a Coffee-Lake-gen Pentium 'Gold' dual-core w/HT G5400, and 32GB DDR4 on an HP B43 mobo.......and I suspect that's beyond the capabilities of even this 'Integral' edition.

Mike. :confused:

These unofficial xp versions are always interesting, but since they're not official who knows what they might be packed with.

Still, if it's an offline system, who cares?

I think this build is modern enough that it will work with your g5400 based system. Try it and let us know!

Back