I want to use Windows XP on my school computer

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by Xxilo4231, Apr 14, 2024.

1. Xxilo4231

Xxilo4231

I have a school computer that I use daily, it originally out of the box came with Windows 11 which I use on my home computer. I decided to customize the laptop and install Windows eXPerience, its great but its still pretty buggy, I hate how my screen brightness key does not work, heck, even settings for brightness don't work, and shows a lot of W10 in some cracks. I'm looking at legacy update, and I wont try it yet. I mean I would like to use service pack 1 or 2 but they don't get support and Internet Explorer is also discontinued. I did find a fix, maybe if I used the modified Firefox that came with Windows eXPerience on GitHub I would be fine. I have no idea man, if someone can help me to just make my OS fully just a functional version of windows XP that would be great.

My reason for trying to use Windows XP in my life is just that its in a way better and more welcoming than Windows 11 or 10. None of the stupid "You need a dingus Microsoft account" and Bliss is one of my favorite wallpapers out of any that can exist. Thank you for you time.

DM me if you can help in anyway, or just comment on this post: Xxilo4231

Image note: Fully functional (IE works and everything else that wouldn't work on XP without trying to fix it) is what I am aiming for, especially if I will use this in school and study with it.

Attached Files:

Xxilo4231, Apr 14, 2024
  2. Xxilo4231

ImWolf

Is Windows eXPerience a MS virtual machine running under Windows 11?

If you can identify all your hardware in the machine, and find WinXP drivers, then you can kiss that Win 11 spyware goodbye and just install XP, or at least a dual boot system.

ImWolf, Apr 15, 2024
  3. Xxilo4231

cornemuse

Dual boot?

I do not trust mICROSOFT in any way shape or form!
    I would not have 11, or 10 or 8 for that matter on the same drive as XP. Removable drive bay trays take care of this, , ,
    I plugged a (basic) 1T hdd into my win 10 computer & 10 converted it to (I think) a 'dynamic' drive. to convert it back I would have lost 988 gigs of data, (was almost full of mostly video & audio = iso's & mp3's). had to use computer management to activate it. Media player didnt/doesent care about basic/dynamic disks, it just plays the files. (I did not re-convert back to basic)

That was the last time I used 10.

cornemuse, Apr 15, 2024
  4. Xxilo4231

tekkaman

There is a way to use Windows 11 with a local account. But I don't think you can install XP on a laptop that comes with Windows 11. The laptop I have doesn't even have IDE mode for hard drives. No achi driver then XP won't see the hard drive to install. You could try virtually.

tekkaman, Apr 16, 2024
  5. Xxilo4231

Xxilo4231

I have a HP laptop and ill send some specs soon, its not a virtual machine and i booted it with a usb drive

Xxilo4231, Apr 18, 2024
Ask a Question